Thank you for using imgix! imgix processes images at scale in real time, caches them, and delivers them to your users.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide Us We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, use the Services, submit or access images, provide connection details or credentials for images, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, company name, credit card number (and/or other payment information), S3 credentials, company URLs and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services. When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies, including cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you when you interact with our Services, including information about your browsing behavior and user experience. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Services and your experience, see which areas and features of the Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may also collect information about your browsing behavior through real time user session recordings. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources We may also receive information about you from other sources, such as publicly available information, and link or combine that with information we collect about you.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by imgix and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of imgix or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided By Others
imgix takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Transfer of Information
Account Information You may update, correct or erase information about you at any time by logging into your member account or emailing us with your request at email@example.com. If you wish to deactivate your account, you may do so at any time by using the tools in your member account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Cookies Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Promotional Communications You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or messages from imgix by following the instructions in those emails or messages or by using the tools in your member account. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing service relationship.
Additional Privacy Notice for Residents of the EU
If you reside in the EU, imgix acts as a “data controller” with respect to your personal data and we process such data with your consent and/or as necessary to operate our business, provide our Services to you, meet our contractual and legal obligations, or otherwise fulfill the legitimate interests described in the “Use of Information” and “Sharing of Information” sections above. If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent for future processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You also have a right to object to the processing of your personal data and to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of the country in which you reside. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights to review, correct, erase, restrict processing of, and transfer your personal data. In the event that you decide to exercise your right of erasure or to oppose the processing of your personal data, you understand that, based on your request, imgix may not be able to maintain your use with regard to the Services. If you do not agree with how we use your personal data or a decision made by us in response to your request to exercise your data privacy rights, you may file a formal complaint with your local data protection authority.