We all contribute to making imgix a great place to work and the best solution for our customers. Our employees strive to make a difference, and no one ever says “that's not my problem.
Make Your Mark
We’re a scrappy team responsible for serving billions of images every day. Every team member has the opportunity to deliver maximum impact.
We focus on reusing existing solutions and being efficient with our time. We want to spend most of our time working on our areas of expertise, not reinventing the wheel.
Our team is our most valuable asset. We believe in hiring smart, driven people and empowering everyone to build the best products for our customers.
Network Reliability Engineer
imgix is looking for a Systems and Networking focused Site Reliability Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering group. In this role, you will work alongside other Network Reliability Engineers on your team, along with other engineers in the extended Infrastructure group, in order to build and operate the highly available and performant hybrid infrastructure that powers image delivery for some of the largest sites on the Internet.
The Infrastructure group is involved in building and operating the imgix image processing API and encouraging operational best practices throughout the entire engineering organization.
- Familiar with carrier-grade networking equipment and associated hardware (preferably Juniper) along with associated technologies such as BGP and OSPF.
- 3+ years of experience in a BGP environment including trouble-shooting, incident recovery/remediation, and on-call duties
- Experience working with remote data centers
- A willingness to learn new technologies outside of the pure networking stack (ex. cloud networking, data center hardware trouble-shooting, etc)
- Interested in working with a wide array of partners and vendors ranging from hardware providers to large network carriers.
- Nice to have: Have a solid understanding of automation principles using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and shell scripts.
About the Role
- Day to day operations of the network and systems which comprise our hybrid cloud environment.
- Setup and maintenance of networking hardware from a variety of manufacturers, including Juniper routers and switches.
- Work with the entire engineering organization to implement best practices for network security.
- Potential for on-site work at our data center locations as part of deployment and maintenance of equipment alongside on-site vendors.
- Design and implement network solutions while maintaining high uptime for existing sites/services.
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly dynamic and real time imagery to eyeballs around the world. Our service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
imgix currently operates as a mostly remote workplace with employees distributed around the world. This role can be mostly remote (with potential exceptions for on site datacenter work), with the possibility of being based in our San Francisco office when it is appropriate and our office can safely reopen. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401(k), medical, dental, and vision), perks are generous, vacation time is flexible, parental leave is available and highly encouraged, and salaries are in line with industry averages.
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
We're looking for an Account Executive who will be responsible for creating and developing new customer relationships and introducing the imgix platform to new organizations. As the primary point of contact for new customers, your mission will be to develop strong customer relationships, set clear expectations for support and features and maintain clear lines of communication.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and develop a robust and predictable pipeline of new customer relationships
- Overachieve on assigned revenue and new logo targets
- Identify and document customer goals and success metrics to facilitate long term account value and growth
- Coordinate with internal partners to drive top line revenue growth by closing deals in line with company strategy
- Log customer feature requests and communicate these to relevant members of the team
- Track account developments in CRM system
- Some travel may be required for client meetings (less than 10%)
What we're looking for:
- 2-3 years experience in sales or sales support
- Experience working with SaaS and B2B businesses
- Experience with CRM systems (we use Salesforce), Word, and Excel
- Ability to adapt easily to new situations and eagerness to learn/contribute
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel
imgix is located in downtown San Francisco, close to BART, Caltrain and a really good sandwich place. We are currently working remotely during COVID-19, but would expect applicants for this role to slowly move back to work in San Francisco once it is safe. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, the occasional team outing), vacation time is flexible, parental leave is available and highly encouraged, and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything (reasonably) necessary to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus and maybe even a laptop. The troposphere is the limit.
If you'd like to help us build the future of visual media on the Internet, submit your resume / CV and cover letter for consideration. Principals only please. We look forward to hearing from you!