We all contribute to making imgix a great place to work and the best solution for our customers. Our employees strive to make a difference, and no one ever says “that's not my problem.
Make Your Mark
We’re a scrappy team responsible for serving billions of visual assets every day. Every team member has the opportunity to deliver maximum impact.
We focus on reusing existing solutions and being efficient with our time. We want to spend most of our time working on our areas of expertise, not reinventing the wheel.
Our team is our most valuable asset. We believe in hiring smart, driven people and empowering everyone to build the best products for our customers.
imgix is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team. In this role, you will work alongside other engineers in order to build and operate the highly available and performant infrastructure that powers image and video delivery for some of the largest sites on the Internet.
In addition, the Infrastructure Engineering team is involved in encouraging operational best practices throughout the entire engineering organization.
- Enjoys solving problems by using technology in creative ways
- 3-6+ years of programming experience
- Interested in programming, operating, and troubleshooting highly available services in the cloud
- Experience using continuous integration and continuous delivery workflows
- Interested or have experience in working with a 100% remote team
- Able to leverage asynchronous forms of communication
About the Role
- Develop, operate, and maintain a high-uptime visual media rendering service that responds to customer requests in real-time
- Help imgix maintain better than 99.9% uptime for billions of requests per day
- Create new features/services that complement and/or evolve our existing offerings
- Use tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, BigQuery, and StackDriver to observe and measure the performance and reliability of our services
- Perform on call duties including alert troubleshooting, incident remediation, and root cause analysis
- Build cloud infrastructure tooling that helps us build cloud services more efficiently
- Other technologies used: Python, Go, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, and plenty of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) offerings
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly dynamic and real time imagery to eyeballs around the world. Our service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
imgix currently operates as a mostly remote workplace with employees distributed around the world. In this role, you will join a 100% remote team, while still having the option of being based in our San Francisco office. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401(k), medical, dental, and vision), perks are generous, vacation time is unlimited, parental leave is available and highly encouraged, and salaries are in line with industry averages.
For the health and safety of all of our employees, imgix requires COVID-19 vaccinations for any employee who wishes to work out of the San Francisco office or attend in-person company events.
At imgix, we are building the future of visual media on the Internet. We help customers deliver fast, impactful, and highly responsive imagery to eyeballs around the world. Our service consists of best-class image and video processing, global content delivery, and intuitive asset management. Our customers get great website performance and design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media.
About the Job
Our mission is to power all of the world’s digital visual media. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Developer Evangelist will help front-end developers with image-intensive workloads learn, leverage, and love imgix! The Evangelist will have the flexibility and autonomy to make a real impact and be the voice of imgix to our developer community. With a People First culture, the entire company will support the Evangelist to make their mark.
- Create engaging content, including technical talks, blog posts, demos, and videos that educate developers on important technologies and trends. Demonstrate how to use the latest technology, especially imgix, to address key web development use cases.
- Engage with developers by conducting technical workshops and hackathons, speaking in local/remote meetups, user group meetings, developer conferences, and webinars.
- Support developers in key discussion forums and social media channels.
- Build partnerships with other advocates, companies, and organizations that serve related developer communities.
- Collect feedback on imgix’s service and technology and share with Product, Customer Service, Sales, and Marketing to inform product roadmap and feature updates.
- 4+ years of experience building web and/or mobile applications.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- At least 1 year of experience giving talks and developing demos, workshops, webinars, videos, and other technical content.
- Has a meaningful social presence in the frontend community.
- Able to manage the fast-moving conference schedule with its CFP deadlines and show dates.
- Open, approachable, and curious. Enjoys the communal and social nature of developer evangelism.
- Self-directed, entrepreneurial, and proactive in identifying opportunities.
- Flexible location. Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.