We all contribute to making imgix a great place to work and the best solution for our customers. Our employees strive to make a difference, and no one ever says “that's not my problem.
Make Your Mark
We’re a scrappy team responsible for serving billions of visual assets every day. Every team member has the opportunity to deliver maximum impact.
We focus on reusing existing solutions and being efficient with our time. We want to spend most of our time working on our areas of expertise, not reinventing the wheel.
Our team is our most valuable asset. We believe in hiring smart, driven people and empowering everyone to build the best products for our customers.
Support Engineer, Japan
imgix is looking for a Support Engineer to join our team and help to deliver the best level of technical customer support to our rapidly growing customer base in Japan. This includes delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also using a wide range of tools and technologies to gather data and communicate effectively. You would be responsible for receiving and handling technical support tickets, assisting with integration work while onboarding customers, and providing timely resolutions to technical issues reported by customers.
This position allows for 100% remote work, but will need to work JST hours.
What you'll be doing:
- Respond to incoming support tickets related to technical questions, service incidents, and other issues in various support channels (Zendesk, Slack, and sales calls)
- Provide top-class support to customers, in terms of service and software functionality, incident resolution, and configuration
- Use tools such as Chrome inspect, Postman, Codepen and BigQuery to provide customer solutions
- Analyze customer codebases/HTML and service usage in order to provide insight and guidance into optimal usage of our service
- Write code samples demonstrating the use of our APIs and SDKs
- Debug, validate, and escalate complex support issues to the wider engineering team
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, sales, and product teams
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a technical support role, or related engineering role
- Strong problem solving skills, easily adaptable to new situations, and eager to learn new technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Experience working with command line tools (such as NPM) is preferred
- Track record of supporting customers with a SaaS or IaaS product is preferred
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top-tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.